Shirlee's done it again!!

If you think I'm a fan of Shirlee Fassell, then you've got that right. Her work is so special and for the past two summers she has been going to Paris for a week to take classes at Ecole Lesage and learning to use a tambour hook. The following photos are of what she learned there this summer, the first being the project she worked on in class and the others are since she's been back home (only a matter of weeks.) She made another of her class project as a gift for her cousin in Germany in different colors. The last two photos are her rendition of two designs from the same group that I'm using for the baskets in my 2012 CQ.

The materials she's using for these are metallic threads, raffia, chenille, beads, sequins, etc. This is a Level 1 class result and I can't wait to see what she can do after Level 2 next summer.





6 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing and gorgeous, What splendid work she does, Wow level one. I too will be in anticipation of her level two work. Just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime you post pictures of Shirley's work you could knock me over with a feather! I'm swooning over these gorgeous pieces..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, if only mine was half as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have said this before but Shirlee's work is absolutely exquisite.

    Look forward to seeing more of her work on your blog and of course your own work too.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are we waiting for? Let's go to Paris too! This is such beautiful work....thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you to you and to Shirlee for sharing her work. This is a big dream of mine to go to Paris and study at the school. I'm hoping when Jack goes off to college. I LOVED this post!

    ReplyDelete